Points to note: Cyclone Roller Shutters
Cyclone Rated Roller Shutter:
What's the difference between Cyclone & Domestic Roller Shutter
In Australia we have specific Australian Standards that govern the testing procedures and product requirements for any product to be classified as "Cyclone Rated". OZ Roll is pleased to advise that the testing is complete and the Super Shutter has been approved for "Cyclone Rating" The shape of the profile has been designed specifically for increased strength and security for high wind or high-risk applications.. The curved shape of the slat provides minimal roll sizes and optimal lateral strength.
The Domestic Roller Shutter has no cyclone rating. You can view these difference at rollershutters.com.au
The greenhouse effect and Roller Shutters:
It is a well-known and undisputed fact that external solar protection
devices are superior to an internal system with respect to the energy transmission
rate and thus to room temperature.
OZRoll shutters gain CSIRO approval:
We are pleased to advice that OZRoll have received CSIRO approval for their
Thermal insulation properties of Roller Shutters:
Potential savings on heating and cooling energy consumption.
Noise insulation with Roller Shutters:
Independent lab tests on OZRoll roller shutters prove that OZRoll roller shutters
can reduce noise transmission through a window opening.
OZRoll Roller Shutters awarded Australian Design Mark:
To our knowledge this is the only window roller shutter product that can make such a claim. Designed and built in Australia to the highest of standards, the OZRoll roller shutter has been recognised by the design and engineering industries as a stand out product.
The roller shutter will offer a physical barrier against driving rain, high winds and flying debris.
Roller shutters are especially effective against hail, protecting the glass from breaking and possible personal injury
Cyclone Rated Roller Shutter:
Australia's largest home insurer the NRMA reports that 55% of domestic home break-ins are through unprotected windows.
The roller shutter can offer the first line of defence in this situation and has the major advantage of being a visual deterrent.
The roller shutters unique operation and locking device also offer a physical barrier against forced intrusion.
The slat is rolled to form a hollow casing into which a PU foam is injected, creating an 8.7mm (AR4OO HDF series) thick wall of insulation, similar in style to a cool room.
There is that added insulating qualities of the air gap between the shutter and the window. These functions could provide up to 90% reduction in thermal transfer through the covered window.
The insulating qualities of the roller shutter have the additional function of dampening the intrusion of unwanted noise by up to 50%. By creating a barrier in front of the window, the noise flow, which is transferred by vibrations through the air is reduced.
The heat from a bush fire can easily shatter the glass in a window and allow the entry of radiant heat and ashes to the home.
In this case, the roller shutter will offer an effective barrier against radiating heat and airborne ashes.
Dependant on the type of installation and building construction, a roller shutter can offer up to 100% control of the effects of harmful ultra violet and infra-red rays. The shutter has the added function of perforations along the slat hinge that can be adjusted to diffuse the suns rays, while allowing light into the room.
Features and benefits
- Recommended for cyclone affected areas.
- Roller shutters are operated from inside your home therefore no having to go outside in the middle of a storm or an unsafe scenario.
- Do not rattle in strong winds.
- Protect leaking windows.
- Ideal for coastal areas: Wind, Rain, Debris, and Hail are no problem for a roller shutter.
- Windows are secure so you can sleep soundly through the worst storms.
- Providing obvious protection against burglary & vandalism by preventing easy access through open windows.
- Roller shutters prevent the Summer heat radiating through windows.
- Choice of ODS, manual or electric controls.
- Fully automated electronic controls are also available.
- A significant reduction in noise level is achieved whether it be busy traffic, neighbours or barking dogs.
- Great benefits for shift workers and young children needing to sleep.
- Close off your home completely to outsiders or create a controlled outlook with partially opened slats.
- "Filtered light" is available at soft comfortable levels by simply partially opening the shutter. This will also create air flow allowing your home to "breathe" in your absence. Ideal for evaporative a/c systems.
- Roller shutters create a barrier to stop burning debris from entering your home in a bush fire.
- Prevent sunlight fading your carpet, paintings and soft furnishings.
- Window frames and interior furnishings will last longer with roller shutters.
- "Protect your property from the harsh Australian climate".
- Stylish Design.
- Wide range of colours to choose from.
- OZRoll use high quality materials and coatings that include pre-coated ABR's and Durra Coat 5000.